Friday, April 20, 2012

Booper Quotes

In the dog house again!
So my son Rowan is 27 months old and is speaking in more complex sentences now. He experiments with syntax, grammar, ideas, and verb tenses, but he can generally make himself understood without difficulty. Sometimes, he says adorably precious things, and a mama has to share!

Last week, we were explaining to Rowan that we go to church AND that mama and daddy are Witches. His response, "I grow up and wanna be Witches too!" (Heart melt!)

Mama: "Rowan do you want to have a chocolate cookie or a lemon cookie?"
Rowan: "I want BOTH, mommy. BOTH." (Looks at me like I am stupid and points to his hand.)

He has a purple tee shirt with a sparkly Witchlet on it (I got it cheap after Halloween in the girl's section) that he loves. Every time I put it on him he says, "It's Magic, Mommy." I have no idea where he got that.

In his room, next to his book shelf.
Rowan was overtired and was melting down at every last little thing that didn't go his way. On the way to his bed for nap time he said, "I Alexander, mommy."
At first I didn't understand what he meant. "No, you are Rowan, honey."
And he finishes, "I is having a horrible no good day."
(I read him Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day the night before.) We talked about how a nap would make everything better and afterwards he would be a happy kid again. Sure enough, he was.






1 comment:

Comments are welcome but moderated. Please be respectful when leaving a comment.